tuition, desktop publishing, design and print.
- The Communiqué offices are centres of language excellence supported by a global network of subject specialists .
- Translation offered in all the main world languages from and into English and including other combinations, such as German to French, Russian to Spanish etc.
- Stringent validation and assurance procedures in the selection of associates. All work is undertaken by mother-tongue translators.
- Proof-reading/editing by one or more linguists - included in our translation service, rather than an “optional extra”.
- Close liaison with the client throughout the assignment.
- Compilation of customised glossaries.
- Use of latest computer-assisted tools and online research.
- Translations submitted in a choice of formats for both PC and MAC.
- Complete confidentiality in the projects undertaken.
- What price errors? What are the legal implications of lower cost “gist” or unproofed translations – or unedited machine translations? – What is the cost to your business of getting it wrong?
- Proofreading is NOT AN EXTRA but an intrinsic part of Communiqué's translation process. 25 years of experience confirms that “two heads (or more) are better than one”. See Key Differences chart.
- Checking is carried out on several levels but includes a questioning approach to the original document. If the text is not clear, we ask questions.
- We research subject-specific and up-to-date terminology.
- In the case of typesetting and creation of multi-language websites, Communiqué strongly recommends re-proofing of work. Errors can be made when language scripts are handled by non-linguists.
- Proofreading offered on texts not translated by Communiqué.
- Extensive resource of linguists able to write clear, jargon-free and accurate copy, undertake précis etc. Written well, a text will have twice the impact using half the number of words.
- Communiqué will follow established corporate guidelines or create customised writing guides for your business and include training of key staff.
- Are safety-critical and sensitive documents clearly written?
- Could marketing material have greater impact?
- Do document searches fail because terms are used inconsistently across your company?
- “Good” language saves time, money and maybe legal action
- Organisations benefiting from our skills include Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Metronet and Bristol & West.
For more information about clear language and our forthcoming launch of SWYM™ (Say What You Mean), see our article “Communiqué Swyms Against the Tide” in News of the Word.
Film voice-overs & transcription
- Transcription offered in all languages
- Foreign language voice-over services for promotional film soundtracks.
- Sound studios.
- Tutors for individual and group foreign language teaching.
- Clear language writing guides and courses for key staff
- Comprehensive interpreting service covering over 50 languages and extensive language combinations. Interpreter profiles supplied.
- Interpreters, qualified to EU and UN standards for conference work.
- Subject-specialist ad-hoc interpreters to assist with factory visits, business meetings, court hearings etc.
- Interpreters are completely fluent in their languages and have an in-depth knowledge of the culture of both countries.
- Technical equipment such as sound-proof booths and amplification supplied.
- Category A, AIIC Interpreter consultant with over 30 years' experience available for advice on all interpreting matters.
- Translated text can be taken to the print stage.
- Colour scanning/copying/print equipment and a range of DTP packages serving both PC and Mac platforms and including Framemaker, PageMaker and QuarkXPress.
- On-site graphic design expertise to provide design, visuals and finished artwork.
- Typesetting in a complete range of latin typestyles as well as Cyrillic, Arabic, Greek, Indian and Oriental scripts. Files supplied electronically in Illustrator Outline, .pdf or .eps format.